I joined WCG in 2009 as the global practice leader and friends, agency colleagues and clients rolled their eyes at WCG’s lack of global presence (and by “lack of” I mean we had “none”). Yes, WCG is a strong independent healthcare firm they noted, but 100% US focused were the words I heard.
Well, of course, there was a global capability as WCG had supported clients globally since its inception but the global footprint wasn’t much. Rather than not take the role, it became the reason to take the role: a challenge and opportunity. And thanks to the support of Jim, the broader WCG leadership team and a fantastic group of people, today, we are humbled to accept the distinction of Global Healthcare Agency of the Year from The Holmes Report – an accolade we are even more honored to receive given the other amazing agencies in the running.
Why have we been so honored? It’s a formula for success that WCG has been engineering for a decade:
forward-looking clients in partnership with WCG
+ talent that is passionate, experienced and curious for the “next”
+ a sense of team spirit + remaining independent and investing in clients and talent
= priceless success
Add to that mix over the past two years:
- other like-minded independent agencies (some members of P.R.O.I.),
- individual talents across the globe (with a new gravitas in London of nearly 20 outstanding WCG team members),
- an integrated approach (having added 50+ analytics, research, social media engagement, content, creative specialists)
- clients that have grown with WCG for ten years and new global clients that believe
- a healthcare landscape that pushes us to creatively problem solve
- an internal and external team that are brave enough to trust in solutions we propose
= WCG Global Health today.
We are forging new ground in partnership and taking to heart the famous quote from Gandhi: We must become the change we want to see.
Today, WCG is delivering the positive future of communications…globally. It is a journey that is just beginning. Watch out world. Can’t wait to see where the next ten years takes us.