**UPDATED AS OF September 19, 2012 for the FSMU Conference**
This morning I’m giving a talk at Jason Falls Explore Dallas Ft. Worth event. I have the good fortune of being on stage with social/location/mobile smarty, Adrian Parker — formerly of RadioShack and now at Intuit. Given the fact that we only have thirty minutes to talk, I realized that having a list of resources ready for folks that are interested in location-based marketing would be helpful. Then I thought, having a list of location-based marketing resources for ANYONE might be helpful.
Here is a good starter list of places you can go to read more about how businesses are using location-based marketing — some from me, some from friends, some from other smart people in the industry:
- WCG blog (a curated list of posts about location-based marketing)
- My SlideShare presentation on The Future of Mobile and Location-Based Marketing from Webcom 2012
- Latest data from Pew Internet on Location-Based and Geosocial adoption (May 2012).
- The Location-Based Marketing Association
- JiWire Mobile Audience Insights Report
- Momentfeed’s SoLoMo Manifesto
- Social Media Explorer blog (curated list)
- Location-Based Marketing for Dummies (the blog)
- Location-Based Marketing for Dummies (the book)
- My personal blog where I’ve written a lot about location-based marketing (curated list)
- Social Location Marketing by friend, Simon Salt (the book)
- Foursquare blog
- Twitter list of thought leaders in the location-based marketing space
- BJ Emerson’s new book, The Tasti D-lite Way
If you know of a good blog, report or resource that’s missing, go ahead and add it in the comments and I’ll move it up on the list.