Yes, it’s almost that time again. I’m talking about SXSW Interactive which is one of the largest interactive conferences in the world. Over 100,000 plus digitally and socially minded representatives from companies large and small, agencies, startups, etc. come to Austin, TX to network, attend panels and catch up on the latest trends. Many of these attendees are influential bloggers, heads of social media and journalists who report back on who is doing what in the interactive space.
Because a significant number of our clients at W2O Group (WCG, Twist and BrewLife) are now involved with SXSW Interactive, over the last five years we have developed a series of events during SXSW that complement all of the activities that go on during that time. Our signature event, the PreCommerce Summit, takes place on March 6 (Thursday) from 11:00 to 5:00 PM and is packed with speakers from well-known brands like Intel, P&G, MasterCard, SAP, Google, Patrón and Omni Hotels. We will also have thought leaders from companies like Federated Media, CNN and Bloomberg providing industry insights. This event will be attended by about 250 customers and other industry thought leaders. A cocktail reception will follow.
In addition to our PreCommerce Summit, we will have two other events including our fifth annual Geek-a-Cue Saturday night at Franklin BBQ (rated best BBQ in America last year by Bon Appétit Magazine). The attendees of this party will be similar to that of the Social Commerce Summit. We will also host a digital brunch at our new office located in East Austin.
Here are eventbrite links/descriptions of the events:
- Wednesday, March 5th: We will do small VIP (30-50 people) idea sharing session with some of our Social Commerce speakers along with a dozen other clients.
- Thursday, March 6th: Fourth Annual PreCommerce Summit – It will be a series of 10 minute TED-style talks, speakers below
- Rick Kaplan — former President of CNN and Founder of Kaplan Media Partners (opening keynote)
- John Battelle — CEO, Federated Media (closing fireside chat)
- Bob Pearson — President W2O Group, Author of PreCommerce (highlights from his presentation last year)
- Michael Marinello — Global Head of Communications, Bloomberg
- Holly Potter — VP Brand Communication, Kaiser Permanente
- Natalie Malaszenko — VP of Marketing & Digital Strategy, Omni Hotels
- Andrew Bowins — SVP, Corp/Digital Comms, Mastercard
- Jeben Berg — Senior Lead Youtube/Google (highlights from his presentation last year)
- Virginia Miracle — EVP of Professional Services, Spredfast
- Paul Fox — Director Corporate Communications, P&G
- Patrick Morrissey — VP Marketing, DataSift
- Becky Brown — VP Digital Media & Marketing, Intel
- Sujeet Chand — CTO, Rockwell Automations
- Adrian Parker — VP Digital and Social, Patrón (highlights from his presentation last year-a crowd favorite)
- Jon Maron — CMO, INRIX
- Justin De Graaf — Global Social Analytics Lead, The Coca-Cola Company
- Kurt Heinemann — CMO, Marketwired
- Kelly McGinnis — SVP & Chief Communications Officer, Levi Strauss & Co.
- Timothy Minahan — CMO, Cloud SAP
There will also be two panels during the event, the first will focus on influence in the world of digital health led by Greg Matthews. The second will be titled: Translating Analytics into Action. It will be led by Paulo Simas and will include Laura Gross of Warner Bros., Natanya Anderson of Whole Foods and Paul Mabray of Vintank.
- Friday, March 7th: Digital Brunch (250+ director to CMO level brand marketers/digital/social folks expected)
- 3000 East Cesar Chavez, Austin
- 10:00 AM – 2 PM
- Food trucks, live video podcasting, music, innovative demos, coffee, brunch, and mimosa/bloody marys to fuel your first festival day
- Shuttles available from the Stephen F. Austin Hotel starting at 9:45am
- 5th Annual Geek-a-cue: Saturday, March 8th: (450 director to CMO level brand marketers/digital/social folks expected)
As you can imagine, space is limited at these events so please make sure to RSVP soon. And if you do RSVP and decide after that you can’t make it, please be courteous and let us/me know that your slot is available. Spread the word with our Save the Date image capsule.