Wednesday, we got together and had a packed meeting with plenty of new faces and introductions to our newest associates and summer interns. We had a great time going around the table and introducing ourselves and, more importantly, telling the newest W2O associates all about what we do!
A Word From Anke – Gaining New Perspectives: “During June’s associate meeting, I discussed the pros and cons of grad school and how earning my master’s degree in a foreign country has given me a new perspective on all things PR. Considering the ongoing globalization of business – and communications in particular – through the ever evolving (and in healthcare sometimes still emerging) social media landscape, I think it’s important to take a step back and discuss how expanding your horizons through study abroad programs and the exploration of new subject matter in grad school not only opens your mind to new things, but can also aid on the job. Since starting at Twist a little over a year ago, I have had several opportunities to use my German to help coordinate global projects for our Galderma clients. And last but not least: Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer; so why not explore the world!”
Guest speaker: This month we heard from Eileen O’Brien who spoke all about the importance of increasing your personal social profile to help you brand yourself. Eileen shared some of her history, both how she’s an advocate of a liberal arts education and how she ended up in healthcare, along with some sound social media advice.
- Eileen’s Background: Eileen attended Brown University where she got her degree in History and then got her master’s degree from the University of Pennsylvania. She has travelled all over the world both for work and for fun and ended up in Philadelphia at Pennsylvania Hospital.
- It’s all about who you know: Eileen shared her insight on the value of networking and always staying connected to those who you meet at conferences, panels, etc. When she was in transition from one job to another, connections she made throughout the years are what helped her score her next gig.
- Q&A: After Eileen’s presentation we had some questions for her about how she wound up working in healthcare and about her blogging experience. She shared her passion for pharma and marketing and how she enjoys marketing things that help people. She also shares some of her advice for how and why she blogs. She used to make it a goal to blog twice a week and has since decided twice a month is sufficient. How does she get inspiration for her blog posts?
- Keep a running idea list.
- Talk about things you are passionate about.
- Did an article you read strike you the wrong way? Blog about it!
- Did you read something you completely agree with and want to discuss it in more depth? Blog about it!
We really enjoyed having Eileen come in and speak to us. Thanks so much Eileen!
We’re already excited for July when Stefan Knect and Elina Berzins plans to tell us about their roles within the creative department.
As always, thanks for helping us Go.Ahead!