Over the past few months, a core group of W2O employees has been seeking a way to answer the question:
As a company and as individual professionals how can we make a meaningful contribution to the local communities where we live and work?
Our answer is #W2OPurpose, through which we will share our tricks of our trade with local nonprofits to help them more effectively achieve their social missions via digital communications.
To kick off this initiative, W2O employees from across our New York practice invited representatives from NYC nonprofits to join us for cocktails and conversation at our #W2OPurpose “Social” Hour on Tuesday, October 7.
At the “Social” Hour, our candid conversations helped us gain perspective on the goals, challenges and opportunities that these outstanding organizations face in the digital marketing space. From here, we are taking these insights to directly inform programming for our first NYC #W2OPurpose Summit, a free, half-day event where W2O employees will share strategies and best practices tailored toward these organizations’ needs.
The exchange of ideas between W2O and our nonprofit friends already got off to a great start at the “Social” Hour, driven by a few of our key experts from various practice areas:
- Kieran Fagan, Group Director, Corporate Strategy
- Eileen O’Brien, Director, Digital Media & Engagement, specializing in healthcare
- Elliot Fox, Senior Manager, Media & Engagement
- Sarah Masel, Senior Manager, Analytics
Each spoke briefly about their professional background and expertise, and how it translates to the nonprofit sector. We’re looking forward expanding on these topics with these and other thought leaders in our New York office at the NYC #W2OPurpose Summit this December.
A special thanks to the attendees at the “Social” Hour, including:
- American Heart Association – Greater New York (@foundersheart)
- Covenant House New York (@CovenantHouse)
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Greater New York Chapter (@CFF_GNYC)
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation (@MichaelJFoxOrg)
- Projects Abroad (@projectsabroad)
- Queens Symphony (@QueensSymphony)
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (@RWJF)
- Sustainability Advocacy Program at NYU
Together, we can leverage our unique skills and capabilities to make a tangible, positive impact in the community.
SAVE THE DATE: NYC #W2OPurpose Summit, Friday, December 12, 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. Keep an eye out for more details to come, and email email@example.com to request an invitation.