February 26, 2010
- All information you see in this site is provided “as is,” with no warranty or guarantee of accuracy. Treat all information here with the same caution as you would with any other professional weblog or website you visit, printed publication you read, or audio/video publications you listen to or watch.
- Joining in a conversation (aka commenting) is open to every visitor – just type in your comments in a post, fill in your details (name, email address and website) and click the submit button.
- If you are a first-time commenter, your comment will go into a moderation queue which waits for a blog administrator to approve or deny comments. Once you have been approved, we consider you a trusted commenter and you will be able to leave future comments without moderation.
- This site uses a variety of means for anti-spam protection. At the vanguard is Akismet, an automated system that monitors every single comment, trackback and pingback and will stop any inbound activity it regards as spam. If you have left a comment, sent a trackback or pingback that has not appeared on the site, the near-100% reason would be that it’s been trapped as spam (but see next two points).
- We do not employ any censorship, unreasonable IP address blocking or comment-deny practices. We firmly believe that diversity of opinion is everyone’s natural right. Indeed, different opinions are the seeds for great conversations. However, with that right comes a clear responsibility – a responsibility to respect the opinions of others, even if you disagree.
- By leaving a comment in this site, you warrant that the information in your comment does not infringe on anyone’s intellectual property rights nor breaks any laws. The poster will be responsible for any infraction.
- We don’t allow comments, trackbacks or pingbacks from people who are spammers, trolls, run splogs or who, in our sole determination, could create a negative effect for the site and its community.
- You are free to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work in this site under the terms of its Creative Commons license:
- Attribution. You must give the original author credit.
- Non-Commercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.
Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from us. Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
Our Commitment to You:
- Everything we publish here on behalf of WCG is written or produced in good faith.
- We will always give appropriate attribution to blogs, websites and other sources referenced in posts.
- We respect the intellectual property rights of other people and organizations and will never knowingly use anyone else’s content without their permission.
- When comments, trackbacks and pingbacks are waiting in the moderation queue, we will approve (or deny, if applicable) such comments, etc, as soon as practically possible. This is usually within 24 hours, typically within an hour or so.
- We respect your right to privacy by not sharing your email address or any other personally-identifiable information with anyone. The information you provide when you leave a comment or get in touch with us via the contact page is used only for the specific purpose of our being in touch.
Chief Technology & Media Officer
February 26, 2010